Going to be admitted to hospital for a couple nights for pain management. I guess they are going to change me from morphine to methodone. I had to take breakthrough medication every 2 hours yesterday. Slept well from 10:30pm until 6:30 am last night but, awoke with pain in ribs and shoulder you just would not believe. After taking regular dose and break through and no change, I called hospice. And this is what was decided. I hope it helps, as there is not much else available for bone mets pain. I did look up something called sterium 89( something like that), That is given by injection in to the bone marrow that if works last for up to 3-6 months. who knows. Well we'll see you after I return from my short vacation. I don't think it compares with Hawaii though. Cherrios for now.
God Bless You All!
Jeff
P.S. This blogging is okay ,but I'm still trying to figure it all out. It's like a kid learning to ride a bike.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jeff...can't wait for your return from the hospital, pain-free for many months to come. Not quite a vacation in the normal sense but, a change of pace for sure.
ReplyDeleteHugs coming your way,
Marion
Jeff, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteDear Jeff -- I've followed your journey for so long. You are such a bright star. Each day, along with probably hundreds of others, I say a prayer for you and Valerie. You have a multitude of friends supporting you and Valerie.
ReplyDeleteDianeC
Jeff, I have followed your story on the website and you have given me advice. My sister passed on January 23rd at K.C. Hospice House. Your story hits home with me because you are in our area. I will pray that they keep you out of pain and you are comfortable. God Bless You Jeff.
ReplyDelete