Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Journey This Week is Saddening

Hi Everyone,
Well, with my wife's help I soaked in the tub today. It felt good. She washed my back and hair and rinsed me off. We will talk with hospice tomorrow about a shower chair as tubbing it is getting a little scary. This week I lost another ten pounds. I could see the pain in my wife's eyes as she bathed me. We talked about pretty soon getting more help, but not quite ready yet. It don't matter what I eat my body just won't accept the nutrition. I look like a hunched up old man. My left leg and foot is getting very weak. Who knows ,a walker may be in order as well. With my history of back problems and now the CC applying pressure, there is a good possibility of not being able to walk sooner before later. That will be a bummer. Being on the computer doesn't help any physically, but mentally it gives me relief. Valerie or my daughter Rachael will probally do a few post for me, as I can still see and talk and give instructions on how to do it. So here I remain in my sunroom with hospital bed and recliner and television. My home within my home for now. My son is home all day every day to keep an eye on me ,if you call it that. He has been suffering and fighting depression and bipolar for two years and sleeps most of the time. He is getting help, pills, counseling, etc., But I don't think it will ever be quite enough to get him back to normal maybe who knows? I pray that God gives him the strenght and Valerie as well. My daughter got laid off this week from her job. That was a downer for her. She is a survivor though and I expect her to bounce right back. She has lots of friends and great support network. I'm not much help anymore, except a little word of advice here and there. Rambled enough. I hope to post some more, but it is "One Day at a Time Sweet Jesus".
God Bless You All !
Jeff

6 comments:

  1. Dear Jeff -- I check your blog daily. I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. Valerie is your angel, as you are hers. There is not a day that I don't think of, and pray for, you both.
    God's love, DianeC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jeff....I just love your rambling and I wish for it to go on and on. The shower chair is one of the greater invention and I am sure it will be of great help to you. Wishing for your daughter to find a new job real soon and your son to conquer his challenges.
    Sending tons of hugs to you and Valerie.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jeff,

    I check your blog daily as well. Though I'm sad that you're having such a hard time, I'm also relieved that you are still well enough to post with help. My thought are with you and Valerie.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jeff, Charlie highly recommends the shower chair and even the walker and wheelchair aren't too bad he says. I hope your son finds the right combination of meds, counseling, etc. to help him. I'm sorry about your daughter's job. I hope something positive comes her way real soon. Keeping you, Valerie and your family in our prayers. God strengthens us.

    Love, Charlie and Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there my friend. You and Valerie and your family are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

    Hugs to you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff, I have read your story and been so inspired by the strength, courage and most especially humor that you bless us with. My husband, Dirk Bailey was taken by cc March 28, 2008. There is not a day that goes by I don't think of him. My comfort is in knowing he is in heaven and I will see him again - FOREVER! I pray that God will give you his perfect peace and that the medicine will keep you pain free.

    God Bless You and your Family,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete