
Well it has been a while. Each day brings about the same "nothinging" but solitude. But it is a solitude of "quiet love". Watch our favorite television shows, stare at each other and say I love you. Saw my Oncologist yesterday and he wants me to see a GI specialist as my billi count is above 15 and I'm looking pretty yellow. Scan Wednesday, GI doctor on Friday. If a stent can be placed it will be determine by location of blockage of course. Labs were taken and retaken today and my potassium was rock bottom. I spent 4 hours with IV drip filling back up. After almost 4 years of appeals, my son was finally awarded his disability. Hopefully, this will open some new doors /programs that will allow him to press on in life. My daughter's man of two plus years kindly asked for my daughter's hand in marraige. What could I say? It's like things are just sliding together the way they should. That's about it for now. Faith, hope and love to all ! It's nice to have potassium in your body. It keeps your fingers from curling around each other and locking up.
God Bless,
Valerie and Jeff

Dear Jeff & Valerie -- still thinking of you both. My husband Brad and I spent many hours with the quiet solitude of love of which you speak. We also read to each other from works of Henry David Thoreau.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful that your daughter will now bring her man into your family.
You both are examples of a life well-lived and well-loved.
You are both in my heart and prayers in each day that passes.
DianeC
Dear Jeff and Valerie,
ReplyDeleteYour example of courage and faith are a daily inspiration to me. Seriously, every day I think that if Jeff can survive 10 years, so can I.
Much love,
Lisa
(from cholangiocarcinoma.org)
Hi Jeff, glad the IV made you feel better. I hope you're able to get a stent for some relief. Remember, if you need any help with itching (I hope you don't have to), I'm the Queen of Itch Relief. Glad to hear the good news of your son getting his disability money and your daughter's marriage.
ReplyDeleteCharlie says Hey.
Lots of love to you and Valerie,
Carol
So glad to read your post. You are truly an an inspiration. God Bless You and your family.
ReplyDeleteMichelle Bailey